Ingredients:Sweet Potato 280g (2 cups ) grated
Garlic Cloves 2
Smoked Salmon 60g
From the Pantry
Tapioca/Arrowroot Flour 30g ( 1⁄4 cup )
Olive Oil 40ml
- Rinse your grated potato in a fine sieve until the water runs clear, then squeeze out all the excess liquid by wrapping the potato in a clean tea towel and twisting. You want the grated potato to be as dry as possible, this process will make your hash browns crispier than ever.
- Combine the potato, garlic, onion powder, tapioca flour, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 egg in a large bowl and mix with a fork until well incorporated.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium–high heat, add heaped tablespoon amounts of the hash brown batter to the pan, using about half the mixture. Cook for 5–6 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges and beginning to cook through, then flip and continue to cook for another 5–6 minutes, or until golden brown, crispy and completely cooked through. Transfer to a plate and keep warm in a low oven. Repeat this process with the remaining oil and batter to make six hash browns.
- Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of water to the boil, crack in the remaining eggs and poach to your liking. Carefully remove them with a slotted spoon and set aside ready for serving.
- To plate up, make your hash browns the base, add a layer of smoked salmon and then top with your perfectly poached eggs. Season well with salt and pepper and scatter on the chilli flakes, if using. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy for lunch or dinner the next day.
MACROS (per serve):
Makes 2 serves