Ingredients:Beef Mince 125g
Zucchini 1⁄2 chopped
Yellow Squash 1⁄2 chopped
Garlic Clove 1 diced
Fresh Chilli 1⁄2 chopped
Tomatoes, Tinned 1⁄4 tin ( 1⁄2 cup ) whole or diced
Olive Oil 5ml ( 1⁄4 tbsp ) for frying
Cumin, Ground 1g ( 1⁄4 tsp )
Coriander, Ground 1g ( 1⁄4 tsp )
- Get started by preheating your oven to 180C and placing an oven safe fry pan over medium heat and add a little olive oil so you're ready to cook! Its best to use a fry pan suitable for the amount of serves you are making for this dish as it is best if it is both cooked and eaten in the same pan.
- Add your garlic, and chilli (if using) to the pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes until it softens and turns slightly golden brown. Then add your mince and cook to brown off for 3-5 minutes.
- Now add your ground cumin, ground coriander, season with a little salt and pour in the tinned tomatoes (I love the colour and flavour the cherry tomato variety bring). Stir well to combine and then place your zucchini and squash into the mixture to cook.
- Carefully transfer your pan to the pre-heated oven and cook for 10 minutes until your vegetables have softened and your sauce has thickened up nicely.
- Serve as it is in the pan, or your preferred bowl.
- OPTIONAL: Sprinkle with some fresh chopped flat leaf parsley.
MACROS (per serve):